Triple Chocolate Protein Cake
Here is my MONSTER triple chocolate cake recipe! Without a doubt the best HIGH PROTEIN chocolate dessert going. This makes up the majority of my Saturday post leg session nutrition!
Best of all its surprisingly quick and easy to make, give it a try!
Ingredients for the body of the cake:
250g soft beets
1/4 cup of PhD Diet whey protein Belgian Choc
1 & 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of liquid egg whites
1/2 cup of ground almonds
1/2 bar (50g) of melted dark chocolate
1/4 cup of almond milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
3 tbsp Protein Works syrup
Ingredients for filling:
250g of quark or low-fat mascarpone
25g of sugar-free white chocolate
1/8 cup of choc peanut Muscle Mousse
1 tbsp vanilla flavor drops
Ingredients for the chocolate topping:
1 packs of quark or low-fat mascarpone
1/2 cup of BSN Syntha 6
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- To make the body of the cake blend all the ingredients for the body and pour into a medium sized baking tray (lightly cover the inside of the tray with butter).
- Heat for 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 320F / 160C.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool before cutting it in half horizontally. This makes the upper and lower body of the cake.
- Prepare filling by mixing all the filling ingredients together. Add more flavouring and muscle mousse until it reaches desired flavour and thick consistency.
- Prepare chocolate topping again by mixing all the relevant ingredients into a chocolatey paste. Use a hand blender to ensure the topping is as smooth as possible.
- Now you can add the filling to the top of the bottom layer and sandwich this with the top half of the cake body.
- Finish by covering the outside and top of the cake with the chocolate topping and smooth off with a knife and your DONE!
Chris Brodie Social Media