We all lead busy lifestyles, whether it is working every day of the week, looking after a family or both. Sometimes we may just not have time to get to the gym.
I will talk you through three exercises for three different body parts that you can do from the comfort of your own home. Investing in some low to moderate weight dumbbells or a resistance band will help you with building up your strength with the following workouts:
- Sit-ups (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Planks (3 sets of 30 second holds)
- Air bike (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Tricep dips (3 sets of 20 reps)
- Bicep curls (3 sets of 20 reps) – you can use a resistance band for this or dumbbells if you have them.
- Overhead tricep extensions (3 sets of 15 reps on each arm)
- Sumo squats (3 sets of 20 reps) – can add dumbbell to increase intensity. These are squats with your legs further apart and feet slightly turned outwards – these are great at targeting your glutes
- Lunges (3 sets of 15 reps each leg) – again you can add dumbbells to increase the intensity.
- Rear leg raises (3 sets of 15 reps each leg) – position yourself in a crawling pose, then raise one leg at a time behind you and squeeze the glute at the top
Resistance bands are great for home workouts, they can target a large number of different body parts and you can pick the ideal resistance to suit your ability.
If you can’t get to the gym, do not fear – you can squeeze this home workout into your routine at any time of the day and shouldn’t take longer than 20-30 minutes.