They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it can be, providing you’re doing it right.Sadly, there are no studies that 100% confirm eating breakfast first thing aids weight loss. However, those who do include breakfast into their routine are more likely to be organised, get less hungry, feel more energised and are less likely to skip meals.
Here are three breakfast ideas which will set you up for your day:
40g Morning Flake Oatbran
PhD Diet Whey, Chocolate Peanut
• Cover the oatbran with warm water and mix well.
• Place in the microwave for 1½ to 2 minutes (watching, as it may overflow).
• Take out of the microwave and stir in one scoop of PhD Diet Whey, Chocolate Peanut.
• Top with blueberries.
Feta and kale omelette
150ml egg whites (four egg whites)
20g feta cheese
• Heat the frying pan with a drop of olive oil.
• Measure out the egg whites into a jug and whisk slightly with a fork.
• Crumble the feta cheese into the egg whites (while in the jug) and whisk again. This just makes the distribution of feta even throughout the omelette.
• Pour the mixture into the frying pan and scatter the kale onto the omelette while cooking.
• Wait a while, then flip!
• Serve with some chopped tomatoes (optional)
Turkey quinoa muffins
30g chopped tomatoes
4 slices of turkey (packet)
1 egg white
• Cook quinoa in boiling water as per instructions.
• Once cooked, add in the turkey, egg white and any seasoning you wish.
• Press mixture into muffin tins, topping with chopped tomatoes.
• Cook in the oven for 20 minutes and allow to cool for 10 minutes before consumption.