4 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
1 tablespoon Dr Zaks coconut oil, melted
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
⅓ cup onion, diced
1¼ pounds ground turkey (93% lean)
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, drained
¼ cup salsa
½ tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Toss potato wedges into melted coconut oil and sprinkle with salt. Lay on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 30-32 minutes, or until tender.
- Shred zucchini, sprinkle with a little salt, and pat completely dry.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add turkey and brown on all sides.
- Add the zucchini, tomato sauce, tomatoes and salsa, turn heat to low, and continue stirring.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Plate the fries and top with chili turkey.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, avocado slices and green onions, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Servings Size: ¼ recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min