2 medium sweet potatoes
1 shallot, thinly sliced
Nonstick coconut oil cooking spray
1 cup Dr Zaks liquid egg whites
¼ cup coconut or almond milk
1 cup kale, chopped (stems removed)
4 organic chicken sausages, sliced ½” thick
Salt and pepper to taste
2 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass dish with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place into dish and spread out.
- Sprinkle shallots over the sweet potatoes.
- Spray the shallots and sweet potatoes with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven. Reset to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites and milk. Stir in the kale and sausage slices (and cheese, if using). Pour over the sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cut into 8 squares, and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Servings Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 50 min