While prepping for competitions, I tend to play around with my recipes a lot to find different ways of consuming my macros which make me feel satisfied. It’s all very well making protein this and protein that, but at some point you’ll come across a stumbling block where you need something that feels naughty, but isn’t!
In the theme of Halloween, I came up with some spooky peanut butter quinoa cups!
Ingredients you will need:
- 170g Quinoa (dried)
- 45g Peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 10g Sweet Freedom natural sweetener
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 20g PhD Pharma Whey HT + Protein (chocolate cookie)
- Boil your quinoa until it has expanded and gone clear and drain (putting the drain quinoa into a bowl)
- Leave the quinoa to sit while you mix your peanut butter, coconut oil, natural sweetener, vanilla extract, and protein powder in a pan over the heat
- Mix your peanut buttery mixture until smooth
- Once your mixture is lump-less, pour it onto your quinoa which has been drained
- Make sure all of the quinoa coated in the mixture
- Spoon into your spooky Halloween cake cases and smooth the top over
- Leave in the fridge for around 45 mins and then decorate!
You can get as creative as you want with this recipe and it great for parties. This snack is clean, quilt free and takes away any sugar cravings!
Macros per serving: