Prepare yourself for battle like a pro – Team BSN’s Ryan Hughes shares his advice on how to ensure you defeat your workout, before you even step foot in the gym.
Before you even think about heading into the gym, you need to tackle your pre-workout routine like a champ if you want your hard-work to count.
My best advice to you?
- Pre-workout meal. This is a MUST. Eating a balanced meal prior to training will provide energy and help sustain your energy levels throughout your workout so you can get the most from every session.
- Pre-workout supplemets – using a pre-workout like N.O-XPLODE will help you take your workouts to the next level. Packed with caffeine for focus, creatine for performance, as well as betaine, arginine and beta-alanine to help take you to the next level.
- Plan your session. Know what you are training prior to training. Don’t enter the gym without a plan of action. This means, know what you’re training and how you’re going to hit it! This way your focus is entirely on the task at hand from the moment you enter the gym until the final rep.
- Get pumped. Feeling motivated before every session is key. I personally use music to get fired up prior to hitting the weights, but find what works for you and use it!
- Put distractions aside. If you can’t handle having your phone on you while you train, put it away. If you and a buddy always chat at the gym, kindly lay the law prior to hitting the weights. This is a place of work, so do some.
For more pro advice on how to get the most from your training download BSN’s PUSH training guide with Ryan Hughes now and take your athletic potential to the next level: BSN Push Training Guide
Want to take your performance to the next level? Then you need to PUSH your body beyond its limits with every workout. The Push to go further takes commitment and guts. It doesn't come easy but in the end it's worth it! Making sure you're primed and ready to PUSH your boundaries every session will transform your potential. N.O.-XPLODE is THE original, complete all-in-one pre-workout formulated using BSN's cutting-edge nutritional science. It gives you everything you need to PUSH yourself as far as you can go, and then PUSH further, every time.
N.O.-XPLODE is formulated to deliver you with focus and energy to ensure you achieve maximum performance.
Each serving primes your body with:
- 150 mg caffeine
- For increased alertness and improved concentration
- 7 g creatine monohydrate
- Increases physical performance in successive bouts of short-term, high-intensity exercise (based on two servings per day)
- 3 g of beta-alanine
- 0 g L-Arginine
- 750 mg betaine
- Vitamins C, B1, B6, B12 and magnesium
- Contribute to normal energy yielding metabolism
Ryan was one of the first two competitors to earn a pro card in the new IFBB Men’s Physique division in 2011 but his enviable physique didn’t come naturally. As a skinny teenager weighing just 57kg, he devoted himself to physical fitness and set himself the goal of entering a bodybuilding competition.
At the age of 19, Ryan competed in – and won – his first competition, coming first in novice lightweight class. Inspired by his achievements, he went on to qualify as a personal trainer, using his knowledge to help others attain their fitness goals. But his pursuit of excellence drove him to seek out another competition, only this time as a heavyweight.
In his second ever competition, the NPC Lehigh Valley Championships; Ryan came second in the novice overall and third in the Men’s Open. Since then, Ryan has been in great demand as a fitness model, trainer and TV fitness expert. His experience also led to the development of his unique training style – the Blast Training System.