With just 6 solid weeks of training, eating and supplement usage available before Christmas day arrives, you have to make everyday possible count! With the right intensity in the gym, enough effort in the kitchen and being consistent with both, there is no reason why you cannot add 10-12lbs to your frame in the next 6 weeks! Sound too good to be true? Here is my mass gaining blueprint leading up until Christmas! Hold on tight, this is going to be full on!!!
Food & Supplements – use both for GROWTH
Everyone who knows their stuff will tell you the same thing, muscular development begins with what is on your plate (or Tupperware container!). It is hard enough to gain muscle, let alone when you’re eating like a 14 year old school girl! I challenge you to stick to this meal plan, and more importantly not to miss a single meal!!! Missing a meal will knock you back 1 week in progress, considering we only have 6 weeks that is 16.6% Or a LOT of progress LOST! So this all depends on your consistency and ability to be prepared and not make lame excuses. If you are the type of dude who can rise above all of that nonsense, here is your blueprint to mass gains in 6 weeks!
Wake up – 2 scoops of PhD Whey HT+, 5 PhD BCAAs caps, 1 cap of USN MultiPlex, 1 kiwi fruit
Breakfast (45 minutes later) – 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 70g oats, 2 sliced mushrooms, 1 sliced tomato, ½ sliced red pepper, ½ green pepper, ½ sliced red onion. 150g pro-biotic yogurt.
Mid Morning – 200g chicken breast, ½ sachet microwavable brown rice, 50g broccoli, 1 whole egg.
Snack – PhD Growth Factor 50 brownie
Lunch – 200g lean minced beef, 350g sweet potato, 50g broccoli.
Mid Afternoon – 2 scoops of Gaspari Myofusion, 6 wholegrain caramel rice cakes covered in natural crunchy peanut butter. Take 3 caps of MST Cre-O2 10 minutes BEFORE this meal!
Pre-workout – 5 PhD BCAAs caps, PhD V-Max Pump, 5g Reflex L-Glutamine
Post-workout – 5 PhD BCAAs caps, 2 scoops of CNP Pro-Recover, 5g Reflex L-Glutamine
Supper – 200g lean minced beef, 1 egg, 350g baked potato, 50g broccoli.
Snack – PhD Diet Whey bar
Before bed – 1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Casein Gold Standard, 1 tablespoon of natural crunchy peanut butter and 100g cottage cheese. 5g Reflex L-Glutamine.
If you stick to this diet, endeavour to never miss a single meal and use the supplements as advised you will GROW! The reason I said earlier I ‘challenge’ you to follow this is because for most people it will be! When you consider many people will associate a ‘bulking’ diet as eating 2 servings of rice and chicken a day, some oats with whey for breakfast and some eggs for supper, this is a HUGE leap! All I can say is the small percentage of you who DO follow this WILL get the results. That my friends is the difference between the gainers and wannabe gainers!
Train to gain
With your diet and supplementation plan in black and white, it is time to turn your attentions to your training split for the next 6 weeks! In one sentence, this is going to be brutally intense! Can you live with that? Most cant but like your diet, the ones who can, will see the rewards. It is a classic case of getting back out what you put it! This training split will use a mixture of high intensity low repetition work combined with ultra-high repetition training which will be sure to have your stomach doing summersaults! Are you game? If so, please continue!
Week 1 –
Monday – Back
- 3 X wide grip chin ups to failure
- 4 X close grip pulldowns for 8-10
- 4 X single arm dumbbell rows for 8-10
- 4 X bent over barbell rows for 8-10
Tuesday – Chest & Biceps
- 3 X Incline dumbbell press for 8-10
- 3 X Incline smith machine press for 8-10
- 3 X overhead dumbbell pulls for 12-15
- 4 X close grip EZ bar curls
- 3 X alternating dumbbell curls
Wednesday – Off
Thursday – Shoulders & Triceps
- 3 X seated dumbbell press for 8-10
- 3 X seated military press for 6-8
- 3 X side lateral raises for 10-15
- 3 X rear cable flyes for 12-15
- 4 X straight bar pushdowns for 8-12
- 4 X overhead dumbbell extensions for 10-12
Friday – Legs & Calves
- 4 X leg press for 12-15
- 4 X leg extensions for 15-20
- 4 X squats for 8-12
- 3 X stiff leg dumbbell deadlifts for 12-15
- 3 X lying dumbbell leg curls for 15-20
Saturday – Off
Sunday – Off
There you have week one! This is based on hitting the muscles with a more conventional repetition range, using a range of exercises which are great for hitting the target muscles from different angles! Every working set needs to be FAILURE, and beyond on occasions!
Monday – Back & Chest Superset! Once you finish the back exercise, go straight into the chest exercise. Rest for 60 seconds then go for the next superset!
- Bent over barbell rows for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps! )
- Incline smith machine bench press for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps! )
Tuesday – Shoulders!
- Seated smith machine military press for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set!)
- Side lateral dumbbell raises for 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (decrease weight as you increase the reps with each set!)
Wednesday – Off
Thursday – Biceps & Triceps Superset! Once you finish the bicep exercise go straight into the triceps exercise. Rest 60 seconds and then go into the next superset!
- Close grip EZ barbell curls for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps!)
- Straight bar pushdowns for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps!)
Friday – Legs & Calves!
- Leg press for 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps!)
- Squat for 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps!)
- Standing calf raises for 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (increase the weight as you decrease the reps with each set and then decrease the weight as you go back up the reps!)
Saturday – Off
Sunday – Off
There is your second week of training. For the next 6 weeks you are going to be cycling these two weeks, doing each week every other! This high rep DTP week is nothing short of torture. If you think, ‘cool just go really light’ you are in for a shock! You need to use a weight where you fail at around 50% of the way through the set, from there on in it is all about rest/pause baby!!! For good measure I have added a 100 rep set to pre-fatigue your legs on leg day! I personally do this and it works incredibly well, the only problem is you walk for days as though you have sat on a tent pole!!! Joking aside, you really need to get your head into this week otherwise you will fail! You are about to be pushed to your very limits, and then beyond them! The question is, can you hack it??!!